This morning I led an environmental education program for a group of adults with intellectual disabilities. I’m going to write a longer post about it later, but I wanted to share the outline today:
- Start with introducing the Land Trust property where the event was held
- Conduct an audience-participation bird song activity
- Teach about the geography of Alabama and how it affects the biodiversity of the land
- Talk about the mammals, marsupials, birds, reptiles, and amphibians of the area
- Discuss the importance of the Oxford comma. Not really, but the last bullet necessitated the inclusion of this bullet
- Finish with a raptor presentation starring Sassy the red-tailed hawk
In a word, it was a blast. More to follow!